- This event has passed.
Conference on World Affairs
April 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - April 13, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for the 71st Conference on World Affairs on the CU Boulder campus. Choose from over 200 sessions and performances open to the public, without charge, featuring more than 100 speakers from around the world.
Award-winning designer Leyla Acaroglu, once described as a “sustainability provocateur” will travel from Santarém, Portugal to give the opening keynote address at 71st Conference on World Affairs at the University of Colorado Boulder on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. Joining her are a diverse group of accomplished individuals presenting major addresses during the week of April 9-13, 2019.
2019 keynotes and major addresses schedule:
- Leyla Acaroglu, award-winning designer, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Champion of the Earth, sociologist and entrepreneur
CWA Opening Keynote Address: Disrupting the Status Quo… By Design
11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 9
- Teresa Younger, president and CEO at Ms. Foundation for Women, former executive director of the Connecticut General Assembly’s Permanent Commission on the Status of Women, and former executive director of the ACLU of Connecticut
Women and Girls Changing the World Keynote Address: Our Voices, Our Time
11:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 10
- Berit Anderson, CEO and editor-in-chief of Scout.ai, a media company exploring the future of technology through analysis, science fiction, and scenario planning games
Disruptive Technology Keynote Address: The Internet and Humanity
10:30 a.m. Friday, April 12
- Hope Solo, World Cup and Olympic soccer champion and women’s equality advocate
Athlete Activism: Sports as a Force for Empowerment, Social Activism and Gender Equality
3:00 p.m. Friday, April 12
- Mike Reiss, Emmy award-winning writer & producer, “The Simpsons”
Springfield Confidential: A funny and insightful insider’s look at a lifetime of writing for The Simpsons
10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 13
The Conference on World Affairs is open to all without charge.
Students and community members comprise the volunteer program committee that selected each of the speakers and performers.
This will be at the University of Colorado at Boulder
1344 Grandview Avenue
Boulder, CO 80309